Wednesday 31 January 2018

DIY Kitchen Chairs Renovation by Helen Hagemann

I have had my kitchen chairs for over 20 years. Not only do they look good, but also they have a sentimental value that you cannot put a price on. Therefore, when two of the chairs showed signs of wear, ie. most of the spindles in the chair back became separated, I decided to repair them myself. This video is a step by step instruction on the process. After researching many handymen's You Tube videos, I went with the product Gorilla epoxy resin as the strongest glue possible. Many videos suggested that the design of the chairs does not suit a normal wood glue; they move constantly with the sitter leaning on the back. I am very pleased with the result of my efforts and now when the family or friends arrive I am no longer worried about any breakage. They are as solid as a proverbial rock!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Good,
    I like to read your blog. You shared a wonderful information about kitchen designer gold coast
    . Thanks for sharing this amazing stuff.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your post, if not belated. My chairs are still solid! Helen :)

      Delete